SaTurday NO CLASS “Tomorrow” – CFC will be competing at the The Barbell Rodeo in Los Banos @ the Fairgrounds (403 F St., Los Banos, CA, 93635)! Come out and support your CF family!! 9am-2pm
– make sure to be at fairground @ 9am sharp. * Bring snacks, water, CF accessories 😉 and your waiver form to fairground tomorrow!
- Night before: The night before a competition is the time to fuel up. Eat a larger meal higher in fats and carbohydrates. Yes you still need protein too! Avoid any foods that may potentially cause any stomach issues for you.
- Morning Of (7:00 AM – 3 hours before 1st WOD): 3 hours before your first WOD is the time for you to get in a solid meal. Make it a balanced meal with fats, protein, and carbohydrates. A personal favorite is eggs, bacon, and sweet potatoes. or possible Cream of Rice. Make sure fats are in there.
- Pre WOD 1 (30-45 Minutes ahead) – Eat a very small, balanced (protein, fats, and carbs) snack about 45 minutes before the first WOD. Typically a zone/lara bar. It should be light and just enough to give you a little energy. This will be your last fat in take of the day until post competition!
- Post WODs – As soon as you are done with your WOD you need protein and carbohydrates immediately. Absolutely NO FATS! Your body needs quick absorption of protein and carbohydrates for recovery purposes. When you ingest fats it delays the digestion of all macronutrients meaning 1) your body won’t get the recovery it needs and 2) you run the risk of digesting during your next WOD! After the first WOD I would drink a protein shake. After the second WOD, I would suggest actual food like turkey and fruit. I recommend sticking to fruits vs. vegetables so you body digests them quicker.
GO CFC!!! *VOLUTEERS need to be at fairground at 8:30am thank you!
TODAY’s CF WOD:
Snatch Balance + 3 Overhead Squats
Build to today’s heaviest snatch balance + 3 overhead squats.
12 Power Snatches (115/75 lbs)
12 Box Jumps (30″/24″)
9 Power Snatches (115/75 lbs)
9 Box Jumps (30″/24″)
6 Power Snatches (115/75 lbs)
6 Box Jumps (30″/24″)
Run 600 Meters